Updated: Mar 25
In all my years of practice, I've come to learn that eating the right food is as important as eating them the right way. Here are a few common guidelines to eat right.
1. Eat fresh local seasonal foods
2. Listen to your stomach and stop eating when it signals you are full
3. Avoid processed, refined and packaged foods completely
4. You can use pickles judiciously with lunch
5. Avoid using biscuits and bread.
6. Make sure you eat your dinner 1.5 hrs before you go to bed and also make sure u get good sound restorative sleep of 7-8 hrs.
7. Always remember " Sitting is Injurious To Health," for every 30 mins of sitting you should move about for 3 mins.
8. Drink sufficient water and cross-check with your urine to be crystal clear.
9. Once in a week eat the food you relish (cheat meal) Note: " Do not begin with a bang and fizzle out without a whisper" because cleansing the mind and body is a life long commitment, not a fortnight or a one month plan.
10. 10. Eat your greens first, a good way to ensure that you eat your greens is to eat them as a starter. By doing so, you will finish all the green vegetables while you are the hungriest and be apt to eat less of other food items.
11. Eat your fruits instead of drinking them, because fruits are very healthy as they are loaded with water, fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Studies have repeatedly stated that eating fruit is helpful in reducing the risk of several diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, etc.
Always remember -
"We eat for nourishment, not entertainment. We eat for intelligence
Most Importantly: Plan your meals in advance so that you are leaving no space for unnecessary binging. Because if you "fail to plan you plan to fail."
Consultant Nutritionist & Dietician